Vote Vote Vote

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer (because I can't think of any other title)

For the past week I have been housing 2 of the Mindiola's here while their father was down working at Hastings. The family has very recently moved up to Wisconsin. I love having house guests. It makes me realize how I am so accustomed to having a lot of alone time in my house. It's fun to have people to sit around and watch Instant Netflix with me all day long. Netflix was great for keeping them entertained while I was in class in the afternoon. We also had to incorporate some key Tahlequah things before they left. We ate at Kelly's Tea Room, went to Sonic Happy Hour, ate at Sam and Ella's, got snocones and went to the park, and of course went to the river. The first day we went to the river, of course it started to rain. The second day was a success though. Marissa and I adventured down the flowing river, certain parts got really rough, we left with a few battle wounds but all and all it was fun.

Saturday I went to Tulsa to see Toy Story 3 in IMAX and 3D! It was AWESOME! Did you know that Tulsa Cinemark is the only IMAX theater in the state of Oklahoma? I can walk to an IMAX theather in Providence. I went with Ceyeli, Ben, Brenda, and 2 guys I didn't know, Michael and Levi, along with Ceyeli's 3 little nephews. I loved the movie, I can't even explain it. I love when things that we liked when we were younger have a way of growing up with us. I love that when we were kids, the characters in movies that we watched were kids like Andy. Now after all of these years, Andy has grown up right along with us. This movie was about him going away to college and deciding what to do with his beloved toys. While the little kids in the theater might have enjoyed the movie, I think we enjoyed it tremendously more because we could relate. I have the same theory about Harry Potter. Harry Potter books became popular right when I was 9 years old and Harry was 10 years old in the beginning of the series. Ever since then, then story kept progressing and Harry, Ron, and Hermione grew up right along with me. The older the characters got, the darker the books would get and the more age appropriote it would get for my generation.

It's fun hanging out with some different people from time to time. Coincidently Levi lives in the Carolinas and is here visiting Michael for a really extended time. Levi was at the same concert I was at when I was in Charlotte on my roadtrip. Turns out he's a huge Switchfoot fan too. He was actually one of the people with the VIP pass that I was extremely jealous of. If I learned anything this past year, I learned that it is an incredibly small world and crazy things do happen by chance. I think that that is one of the coolest things about life. How if you would have made any other decision than the one that you chose, your life could potentially be completely different.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails