Vote Vote Vote

Sunday, May 23, 2010

When in Texas...

This morning we left Mississippi and hit I-10 West all the way to Texas. The further west we drove, the less scenic it got outside the car window. We started off the morning right in front of the gulf and the coastline for a good 20 miles or so. The closer we got to the Texas gulf coast, the more oil refineries and flat land and highway there was. Also, soon after we passed the Texas border, the trooper was on it. Rae got pulled over for going 78 in a 70. Interesting since we managed to drive through 13 other states on this trip with the occasional speeding because of how sensitive my gas pedal is. Luckily we got off with a written warning, phew. We met with Rae's cousin Shannon and spent some time with her family in Houston before heading to College Station to see Stevvi! 

When we got to Stevvi's place, we hung out for a bit then went to Rudy's for dinner. Rudy's in as Texas as it gets. It's a BBQ restaurant where you buy the smoked meat and sides by the pound, BBQ sauce by the gallon, as much sweet tea you can drink, however many slices of bread to go with all of that meat you just got, and you eat on wax paper not plates. It was delicious. After dinner we headed back and started the long process of getting ready for a night out. Of course, I am the first to be ready. I have this awesome ability to get ready in 40 minutes max time including a shower, hair, make-up, and picking out an outfit. In that time I also blow dried and curled Rae's hair with time to spare. Since we were only gonna be in town for a short time, Stevvi wanted to show us what she does here in College Station and a good time. For the first time, I put on a sun dress with cowboy boots. Not gonna lie, I looked pretty cute. Disregarding the fact that chinese girl is wearing western wear. We went out two-steppin'. We left her apartment at around 11pm and poor College Station is dead when classes are not in session. 

Stevvi took us to this place called Daisy Duke's, a country dance hall. When we first got there, it was practically empty. After some wandering we wound up going back and the place finally started to fill up. It was unusual tonight because it was part country two-steppin' and another part night club. Somehow Rae and I had managed to bring the nightlife in Providence all the way down to College Station. Most girls were in their club ultra outfits, not in their cowboy boots., There also seemed to be a random bachelorette  party or wedding reception, I'm not really sure, I just knew people were unusually dressed up for this place. I learned to two-step. The first few dances were really rough since I was just kinda thrown out there was no lesson prior to, but I did manage to pick it up pretty quickly. I danced with a wide array of guys, some were nice southern gentlemen, others were drunk messes, and others were just a mess. We went to Stevvi's friends house for a "red cup party" afterwards and got to watch all the drunk people while we were sober, the best way to go. While we were there, they taught me a few more country dance steps. Good night/morning. I have had an extremely long day, I have been awake for way to long. That is all for now. Check out raerosen.blogspot.com for her perspective on our adventures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails